Production ToolingATS UK’s Folkestone division offers a very flexible rapid tooling service tailored to suit individual project needs. This site houses our injection moulding facility with machines between 35t & 550t. We are used to working in an environment where concurrent engineering practices are commonplace. This flexibility and ability to work with demanding programme lead times make us the first choice for many of our customers.
Our manufacturing systems are configured to ensure a high level of CAD/CAM integration. All our mould designs are fully defined in a 3-D solid modelling environment, with full CAM capability directly linked to our CAD office and working directly from 3-D control data.
Production and Pilot mould tools are manufactured to individual customer requirements in our dedicated tool room, which is equipped with the latest manufacturing technologies from Charmilles, Roders, Micron and Ingersoll spark erosion machines all of which complement our state of the art high speed machining CNC facilities.
ATS UK produces aluminium and steel injection mould tools up to six tonnes and has supplied moulded and fully finished parts in as little as 3 days in some cases, providing real components in production intent materials.
We also offer full trialling facilities and short batch runs, plus full production runs at our Folkestone division. We have an established reputation in competitive, highly cosmetic, and “A” surface mouldings. See Ted Brewer Violins Case Study
Investment in the latest high speed machining centres and use of tooling-grade aluminium enables us to manufacture production quality mould tools in a mater of days. This capability, coupled with our own injection moulding facility with machines between 35t & 550t, dramatically reduces development timescale.
Plastic InjectionMould tools have been designed and manufactured for the automotive, building, white goods, electronics, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical industries. Tools range from the basic single cavity, cold fed “open and shut” type to highly complex, multi-cavity mould tools, with complex hot-runner systems and a variety of internal movements.
Tools can be manufactured up to a maximum tool weight of six tonnes and can be sampled at our in-house mould sampling facility.
In-house Global Tooling & ManagementATS UK’s Folkestone division also offers a full in-house global tooling and management service. We have long established partnerships in the Far East and can offer customers the following benefits when sourcing tools from the Far East:
- Single point of contact with ATS UK Ltd for all project liaison
- Component & tool design feasibility carried out by ATS UK Ltd
- Tool size manufacture up to 30t
- Mould trialling and production facilities up to 1750t
- All payments made to ATS UK Ltd in sterling
- Prices quoted are fully inclusive of delivery/insurance and import charges
- Tools are stripped down and inspected by ATS UK Ltd prior to delivery
- Tools are re-sampled using ATS UK Ltd’s machinery prior to delivery
- Tools are covered by the standard ATS UK Ltd’s one yr guarantee
- Tools will be supplied with standard ATS UK Ltd’s tooling documentation including certificates of conformity for tool steels
- If required, parts/tools can be supplied with full ISIR documentation.
High Pressure Die Cast Tooling
ATS manufactures high pressure die-casting tools for both zinc and aluminium alloys, together with the accompanying press trimming tooling and machining fixtures. We prefer to be involved in the design process as early as possible, so that we can propose modifications to eliminate costly post casting machining operations.